Looking for some blue, mellow tunes for those rainy, spring days? I know I am here in Seattle! And while you may think this chic mix play-list should be about sunshine and beaches, I think songs about rain are so much more. They are really about our inner thoughts and desires, and the rain, coldness, unease, and uncertainty of it all are symbolized by it slowly dancing on the window pane. So, from my October 7 Women Rock Radio show, I present to you this play-list…Rain Edition.
- Can’t Stand The Rain – Tina Turner
- Lay Down (Candles In The Rain) – Meredith Brooks
- Cue The Rain – Queen Latifah
- Everytime It Rains – Ace of Base
- Rainy Days And Mondays – The Carpenters
- Let It Rain – Jennifer Page
- Walking In The Rain – Grace Jones
- Thank Goodness For The Rain – Peanut
- Come Rain Or Come Shine – Peggy Lee
- It Might As Well Rain Until September – Carole King
- Rain – Madonna
- Don’t Let The Rain – La Bouche
- Run Between The Raindrops – Pat Benatar
- Let The Rain – Sara Barielles
- I’m Only Happy When It Rains – Garbage
It’s yucky outside. Many of us are stuck indoors (or prefer it over going out in the chilly temperatures and/or rain here in Seattle.) It’s why we have so many book stores and coffee houses! Warmth and liquid motivation. So what better way to pass the time than to read about some of your favorite rockers!
There have been quite a few new memoirs released by my favorite Jukebox Heroines. Here are the latest, plus three re-releases with extra material.
Pat Benatar – Between A Heart & A Rock Place
Belinda Carlisle – Lips Unsealed: A Memoir
Cherry Vanilla – Lick Me: How I Became Chery Vanilla
Cherie Currie – Neon Angel: A Memoir Of A Runaway
Tina Turner – I, Tina: My Life’s Story
Loretta Lynn – Loretta Lynn: Coal Miner’s Daughter