- Lisa Loeb – I Do
- I now have cat eye classes like hers. Too rad!
- The Cardigans – Love Fool
- They always played this on VH1. Total 90s, I can’t even describe it.
- Fiona Apple – Criminal
- Now that I re-watch this video, I am concerned about the whole druggie/heroin vibe. Then again, that was the 90s as well.
- TLC – Waterfalls
- Stick to the rivers and lakes you’re used to!
- Meredith Brooks – Bitch
- Yes, I am a bitch. It should be my theme.
- Natalie Imbruglia – Torn
- This is so how I felt when my heart was broken for the first time.
- Garbage – Only Happy When It Rains
- Yea, until I moved to Seattle.
Photo by mutednarayan via flickr.
New segment! Chic Mix Playlists!
Here I will feature 7 songs that I like, revolve around a theme or genre, or are just cool. This is the first of hopefully many!
My Teen Years Vol. 1
There are some songs that defined my awkward adolescence. Some of these artists were the first cassettes/CDs that I owned!
- Madonna – Ray of Light
- I also had Madonna’s Immaculate Collection, but Ray Of Light was the first album I had by the pop queen. It really got me into India and Henna.
- Spice Girls – 2 Become 1
- My girlfriends and I performed this at our highschool talent show. What can I say?
- Mariah Carey – Fantasy
- I remember singing this one over and over and wishing I could roller blade.
- La Bouche – Be My Lover
- My dance tune. “Ah ha, yea, hey he, wanna be my lover!”
- No Doubt – Just A Girl
- I played the Tragic Kingdom album in my cassette player when I would go for walks. I always think of it when I excercise now.
- Alanis Morissette – Ironic
- A sample of my angst bitterness….I haven’t outgrown it yet.
- Ace Of Base – Beautiful Life
- Another great dance tune! Love the piano.
Photo by Looking Glass.