So, as I pack my iPod full of holiday tunes for the long plane ride this weekend, I thought I would share with you my chic mix playlist – Holiday edition. If you have other notable holiday tunes, or have a specific favorite, please feel free to post them in the comments! I’d love to know what you are jammin’ to!
- Blue Christmas – Ann & Nancy Wilson
- Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses
- Rockin Around The Christmas tree – Brenda Lee
- My Christmas Tree – The Supremes
- O Come All Ye Gentlemen – Sarah Mclachlan + Barenaked Ladies
- Santa Claus is Coming To Town – Cyndi Lauper + Frank Sinatra
- All I Want for Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
- Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
- Silver & Gold – Vanessa Williams
- Santa Baby – Madonna
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus – The Ronettes
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Pat Benatar
- Little Drummer Boy – Joan Jett And The Blackhearts
- Jingle Bells – En Vouge
- Deck The Halls – Peggy Lee
- I’ll Be Home For Christmas – Lita Ford & Twisted Sister
- O Christmas Tree – Aretha Franklin
- Merry Christmas Baby – Bonnie Raitt
- I Believe in You – Sinead O’connor
- Sleigh Ride – Spice Girls
- Do You Hear What I Hear – Destiny’s Child
- Merry Christmas Darling – The Carpenters
Photo via flickr.
In the news:
New Mariah Carey Holiday Album “Merry Christmas II You” via Rolling Stone.
Robyn is to perform at this year’s Nobel Peace Prize concert On December 11 via Pitchfork.
Taylor Swift’s new album is set to break records it’s opening week via Rolling Stone.
Rihanna & Katy Perry collaboration is in the works via MTV.
Amy Lee & Evanescence set to release new album which may be a surprise to some via SPIN.
Interview with Kelly Zirbes via Go Girls Music.
Beyonce to host her second Thanksgiving Special on ABC via Billboard.
It’s On! Garbage has reunited and is putting out a new album! via Filter Magazine.
What’s it like to be a woman in Jazz? Well, let these nine women tell you via NPR.
Amy Winehouse cover’s Lesley Gore’s “It’s My Party” via SPIN.
University of South Carolina is offering a college course on Lady Gaga & The Sociology of Fame! Ha, I thought of this over a year ago! via NME.
New segment! Chic Mix Playlists!
Here I will feature 7 songs that I like, revolve around a theme or genre, or are just cool. This is the first of hopefully many!
My Teen Years Vol. 1
There are some songs that defined my awkward adolescence. Some of these artists were the first cassettes/CDs that I owned!
- Madonna – Ray of Light
- I also had Madonna’s Immaculate Collection, but Ray Of Light was the first album I had by the pop queen. It really got me into India and Henna.
- Spice Girls – 2 Become 1
- My girlfriends and I performed this at our highschool talent show. What can I say?
- Mariah Carey – Fantasy
- I remember singing this one over and over and wishing I could roller blade.
- La Bouche – Be My Lover
- My dance tune. “Ah ha, yea, hey he, wanna be my lover!”
- No Doubt – Just A Girl
- I played the Tragic Kingdom album in my cassette player when I would go for walks. I always think of it when I excercise now.
- Alanis Morissette – Ironic
- A sample of my angst bitterness….I haven’t outgrown it yet.
- Ace Of Base – Beautiful Life
- Another great dance tune! Love the piano.
Photo by Looking Glass.