So, as I pack my iPod full of holiday tunes for the long plane ride this weekend, I thought I would share with you my chic mix playlist – Holiday edition. If you have other notable holiday tunes, or have a specific favorite, please feel free to post them in the comments! I’d love to know what you are jammin’ to!
- Blue Christmas – Ann & Nancy Wilson
- Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses
- Rockin Around The Christmas tree – Brenda Lee
- My Christmas Tree – The Supremes
- O Come All Ye Gentlemen – Sarah Mclachlan + Barenaked Ladies
- Santa Claus is Coming To Town – Cyndi Lauper + Frank Sinatra
- All I Want for Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
- Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
- Silver & Gold – Vanessa Williams
- Santa Baby – Madonna
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus – The Ronettes
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Pat Benatar
- Little Drummer Boy – Joan Jett And The Blackhearts
- Jingle Bells – En Vouge
- Deck The Halls – Peggy Lee
- I’ll Be Home For Christmas – Lita Ford & Twisted Sister
- O Christmas Tree – Aretha Franklin
- Merry Christmas Baby – Bonnie Raitt
- I Believe in You – Sinead O’connor
- Sleigh Ride – Spice Girls
- Do You Hear What I Hear – Destiny’s Child
- Merry Christmas Darling – The Carpenters
Photo via flickr.
Emily is now hosting her own kickin’ radio show “Jukebox Heroines” on Women Rock Radio! Tune in Thursdays, 6:00 pm PST! This week, it’s her debut show, featuring a tribute to the one and only The Runaways! You’ll hear your favorite Runaways hits, plus solo music from Joan Jett, Cherie Currie, and Lita Ford!
Dust off that turntable! Get out your old mixtapes! Emily is bringing you all the grrrl-style music you can handle!
Check it out and support women rockers on Women Rock Radio! This ain’t your mama’s radio station!
Britney Spears is speaking out against unreal body image by releasing untouched and retouched photos of herself at her latest photoshoot. I give the girl props! via Jezebel.
Mary J. Blige’s “Be Beautiful And Give Back” charity is giving 30% of the proceeds of all sales made on April 13 and 14 to Blige’s women’s organization FFAWN. So, do it and help a great cause for women. via Tonic.
And Lita Ford and her family will be coming out with a new TV show called “The Gillettes: An Extreme American Family.” Check out their latest youtube video.