Just a healthy dose of music by women who bring it. A little something for everyone! Listen. Download. And support!
Dance & Electronic
- The Kills – Blood Pressures
- Sarah Fimm – Yellow * Based on “The Yellow Wallpaper” by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. Currently in my top 10 on my iPod!
- Atoosa – When The Cardinals Come
- Windy Asari – You Said
- Allie on the Uke – Perfect Words – Amateur Ukulele Noise Making (Support her Kickstarter!)
- Sweet Soubrette – Days And Nights
- Klondike Kate – Facebook Junkie *Note- I super LOVE this one. We gotta hang again soon!
Photo via here.
Attention Lady Rockers, artists, zine-sters, and all around awesome-makers. Ladyfest 2011 Bellingham, Washington wants you!
Are you a Band? Educator? Workshop leader? Visual Artist? Filmmaker? Spoken Word Artist? Writer? Ziner? Riot Grrrl? How about supporter of women/womin/womyn? Then I encourage you to submit your work to be featured during the festival June 15-19.,2011 in Bellingham, WA. Dealdine is May 15th!
“Ladyfest is a music/arts/ideas festival celebrating the creativity of women/womyn/wombin, transfolks, queers, grandmas, gender nonconformists and allies. The first Ladyfest was held in Olympia, WA in 2000, and since then, women have organized their own festivals in cities across the globe. Expect to see concerts, art shows, skill shares, film showings, and games happening all over town.”
Check LadyfestBham for more information and to submit your application!
Photo via ladyfestbham facebook.
- Hilary Grist – Little Ditties
- Katie Costello – Lamplight
- The Wellspring – The Wellspring
- Frida Selander – Forever On Your Team
Photo via here.
Seattle funk-punk rockers, NighTraiN want to lay some tracks up and down the West Coast. Fueled with “Locomotive” style tunes, these ladies turn it up with distortion, smooth grit, and attitude. You can help fund their first tour at their kick-starter page. You know you want to. Let’s face it, touring is not cheap, and at times, bands are lucky to break even. But you can help increase musical awesomeness awareness! Give your pledge of support before May 18 so NighTraiN can reach $2,500!
These grrrls, oh, after my own rocker heart! Seriously, if you need an opening act, I’d love the spot! Wow, the similarities are amazing, we even describe our music in “lovechild” terms. Mine…Cyndi Lauper + Joan Jett.
Photo via NighTraiN.