Chic Mix Playlist – My Teen Years Vol. 1
New segment! Chic Mix Playlists!
Here I will feature 7 songs that I like, revolve around a theme or genre, or are just cool. This is the first of hopefully many!
My Teen Years Vol. 1
There are some songs that defined my awkward adolescence. Some of these artists were the first cassettes/CDs that I owned!
- Madonna – Ray of Light
- I also had Madonna’s Immaculate Collection, but Ray Of Light was the first album I had by the pop queen. It really got me into India and Henna.
- Spice Girls – 2 Become 1
- My girlfriends and I performed this at our highschool talent show. What can I say?
- Mariah Carey – Fantasy
- I remember singing this one over and over and wishing I could roller blade.
- La Bouche – Be My Lover
- My dance tune. “Ah ha, yea, hey he, wanna be my lover!”
- No Doubt – Just A Girl
- I played the Tragic Kingdom album in my cassette player when I would go for walks. I always think of it when I excercise now.
- Alanis Morissette – Ironic
- A sample of my angst bitterness….I haven’t outgrown it yet.
- Ace Of Base – Beautiful Life
- Another great dance tune! Love the piano.
Photo by Looking Glass.
Posted on January 30, 2010, in Chic Mix - Playlists and tagged 90s, Ace Of Base, Alanis Morissette, La Bouche, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Mixtapes, No Doubt, Playlist, Songs by Female Musicians, Songs by Women, Spice Girls, Teen Years. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Chic Mix Playlist – My Teen Years Vol. 1.